Concessionary travel

Elderly woman

Free travel for senior citizens and the disabled

In Scotland, everyone gets a special birthday gift when they turn 60: the gift of going anywhere! With a free bus pass, seniors can travel on any bus service in the country - including the whole network here in Dundee.  Likewise, persons with disabilities may be eligible for free travel to get around and stay active in their community.

There are no restrictions on when or how often you can travel. All you need to do is hop on the bus, place your card on the reader and tell the driver where you would like to go.

To apply for a NEC card, visit or stop by Dundee House (50 North Lindsay Street) to pick up an application form. And to make general inquiries about NEC cards (including when they are lost, stolen or damaged), please call 01382 433267 or email [email protected].

Dundee City Council should also be contacted in the event that you need to replace your bus pass. We will only give out a temporary bus ticket when a card is faulty or damaged, and the cardholder surrenders it to the driver. We are not obliged to provide replacement travel for cards which have been lost or stolen; in this event, tickets must be paid for at the adult prices.

More information about Scotland’s free travel scheme is available on the Scottish Government website.