Service Changes from 12 April 2021
1 month ago
We're making some service adjustments from Monday 12 April 2021, in-line with schools returning and lockdown restrictions easing after the Easter Holidays. Updated maps and timetables will be uploaded to the app and website in due course. In the meantime, here's a summary of what's happening:
Full frequencies will be restored to increase capacity and support safe physical distancing across the network. This means there will be more buses out on the road, and we're still going to deploy as many double-deck buses as we can.
|1||10 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
|5/5a||10 mins||15 mins||15 mins|
|9/10||30 mins||30 mins||hourly|
|17||10 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
|18||10 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
|22||8 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
|28||8 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
|32/33||15 mins||15 mins||20 mins|
Service 2 re-routed
Service 2 will be re-routed via Hill Street (outbound) and Kinghorne Road (inbound) to improve access to/from sheltered accommodation in the Lawside area. Click here to view an updated route map.
Broughty Ferry services renumbered
We're making a very slight change to the route numbers running along the 'bottom road' between Ninewells Hospital and Barnhill. This way, to make things simpler, passengers travelling on this corridor will always be looking out for the core number '5'.
Here's what's happening:
- Service 5 will run its usual route (no change).
- Service 5a will differ slightly in some areas. In the west end, it will run via Tom MacDonald Avenue (as the 9/10 do now). And in the east end, adding the route to Arbroath Road and Craigie Avenue (providing new connections to/from Stobswell) will be deferred until June 2021. In the meantime, the 5a will run via Broughty Ferry Road along with the 5.
- Click here to view a map of services 5/5a from April.
- When the 5a reaches Ninewells Hospital, it will continue as a 9. And when it reaches Broughty Ferry, it will continue as a 10. Passengers may stay on the bus to complete their journey as normal.
- Services 9/10 will run their normal routes around the north of the city, between Ninewells Hospital and Broughty Ferry (no change).
- Click here to view an updated map of services 9/10.